Kedron Wavell Services Hockey Club INC.
Social Summer Comp 2017
- Starting Wednesday 4th October and Thursday 5th October 2017
- Finishing Wednesday 6th December and Thursday 7th December 2017
- $100 per person
- Players who are not currently registered with a hockey club will incur a $20 insurance fee
- U13 - U17 Teams
- 8-a-side on ½ field
*max of 3 boys per team
- U9 - U11 Teams
- 6-a-side on 1/3 field
*max of 2 boys per team
*Modified Indoor Hockey Rules Apply*
PLEASE NOTE: EACH NIGHT WILL BE A COMBINED COMP OF EACH AGE GROUP UNLESS TEAM NUMBERS ALLOW OTHERWISE
Send your completed registration form or any queries to the Administrator:
TEAM NOMINATIONS CLOSING SOON!
Positions fill quickly so get your team/s organised early to avoid disappointment.
- Starts Friday 6 October and finishes Friday 8 December (10 weeks)
- Burringbar Park (artificial turf field), Kittyhawk Drive, Chermside.
- Mixed senior teams – all players must be over the age of 13 as at 1/01/2017
- Teams must have a minimum of two females on the field at all times
- Each team must supply one competent umpire each week
- This is a social competition – abuse of players or officials will NOT be tolerated
- Team registration fee: $200 (non-refundable, payable in advance with registration)
- Balance of $500 per team (non-refundable) and payable before the first game on the first night of play
- Players who are NOT currently registered with a hockey club in Queensland for the 2017 season will incur a small (less than $10) insurance fee payable to HQ before the first game (to pay, go to the Hockey Queensland website after 1 Sept)
- Registration forms will not be accepted without the $200 registration fee
- Licenced canteen will be open on game nights
Modified indoor hockey rules apply
Positions fills quickly so get your team/s organised early to avoid disappointment.
Enquiries to Christine Blanchard 0403 884 672.
Team nominations close 5pm Friday 22 September 2017
Senior Presentation Night 2017
Date: Saturday 16 September, 2017
Location: Kedron Wavell Services Club, Kittyhawk Room
BUY TICKETS: http://www.ticketebo.com.au/
More details to come as they are available.
JUNIOR PRESENTATION 2017 - GIRLS & BOYS
Date: Sunday 10 September, 2017
Location: Aspley State School
Click here to see the event on Facebook. More information will be posted when it is available.
KW Team: Women’s, Div 3
What position do you play: Centre back
How long have you been playing for Kedron-Wavell Hockey Club? 24 years I think this year, since a minkey
Hockey Career Highlights: I’ve played for Brisbane rep teams as a junior which was so much fun, but I think being asked to represent my club as Club Captain in 2017 is a big highlight for me.
What you do for a day job: HR Advisor at a law firm
Why are you excited to be Club Captain this year? I’m excited to see how we can make a difference in integrating the men/women and junior side of the club. Kedron Wavell has great team and club spirit, so hopefully we can make that shine this year. DUNCAN THORNEKW Team: Men's Division 1
What position do you play: Back or Half
How long have you been playing for Kedron-Wavell Hockey Club? 5 years after moving over from NZ
Hockey Career Highlights: I still remember getting selected for my very first rep team when I was 9 years old and going away on our first week long tournament.
What you do for a day job: I work for Nilsen Electrical, providing maintenance for Electrical Switchgear.
Why are you excited to be Club Captain this year? This year is going to be a great stepping stone and building year for a big next 5 years, the club itself is in a great position with another turf on the way and big things on the horizon.